There was lots going on in the studio this week. I took some placemats off of the loom.
To be honest, I did have a bit more warp of green on the loom, but I was getting really bored of it. This was just cheap yarn that I was using as practice so I didn’t have a lot of attachment to it. I ran out of the green, so I had to start using other colours for the weft. I decided to just sacrifice the end of it. I had eight placemats made, so that was enough.
Of course, the real reason I wanted to take it off was because I wanted to start another project. I got this yarn a while ago to make a scarf to match my winter coat. I’m curious to see how it turns out because I’m so new at weaving that I’m just guessing at combinations.
I’m going to use the one on the right as the warp and the more coloured one as the weft.
I got the warp chain done.
Speaking of new projects, I also picked up this set for a new project. I’m really excited about this one. Hopefully it turns out as nice as it is in my head.
I spent a bunch of time basting quilts. This is my least favourite part of quilting. I do this by laying it out on my rec room floor and glue basting, which is the easiest method, but I still don’t really like it. I decided to do a few at once and get it over with.
This is an old UFO that needs to be done. I’m still debating on quilt designs.
I got the red and white log cabin quilt basted.
And I got the row by row quilt basted. There’s a funny story about this. As I was basting, I ran out of spray, so I went to the store. At the store I got something else and forgot the basting spray. I must be getting old. I didn’t want to make another trip, so I had to pin baste one end of the row by row quilt.
I got a good start on quilting the row by row quilt, so I should be able to finish it next week in time to claim a prize!
Have a great week!