Questions about the O Canada Sew Along? Get answers here.
When is the Sew Along?
The sew along is in June 2021. We will be making the maple leaf window hangings just in time for Canada Day.
What do I need to do to join the Sew Along?
Sign up in the form on the main sew along page.
To make the project, you need to do ONE of these things:
- get the pattern ($12)
- take the online course ($40)
- take a live online workshop ($50)
When do I need to sew the window hanging?
Anytime before July 1. Throughout the month of June, I will be giving reminders like “get your fabric”, but these are only suggestions. You can fit it into your own schedule.
Where can I get fabric?
Support your local quilt shop as much as possible. If you can’t find any locally, Caroline Quilts is a good online option.
- Grand Prize (chosen randomly) – fabric bundle
- Second Prize (chosen randomly) – pattern bundle
- Judges choice “window hanging in a window” – gift card
- Judges choice “window hanging in the wild” – gift card
- Guild prize – presentation by Elizabeth DeCroos
The Grand Prize and second prize will be randomly chosen from all the entries.
“window hanging in a window” is obvious.
“window hanging in the wild” is a category for pictures outside. Hang on a flagpole, clothesline, etc. Be creative.
Guild prize – A guild entry will consist of at least five members of the guild submitting an individual entry. Members of the winning guild will still be eligible to win individual prizes.
How to enter
- Take a picture of your finished window hanging.
- Name the file YOUR FULL NAME. I won’t know who “img1111.jpg” or “nicemapleleaf.jpg” belong to, and you won’t be eligible for the prize.
- Post the picture in the Facebook group or submit it by email. Be sure to include your guild name and location if you want to be considered for that prize.
- Only one entry per person.
- To be eligible for the prize, you must have purchased either the pattern, online course or workshop.