These place mats were another great learning experience. They did not turn out exactly as I planned, but they are still beautiful and useful.
I don’t have orphan sock syndrome! The second sock of my pair is finished. After I was totally finished and tried them on together, I realized that the rib pattern is slightly different between the two. I made a mistake in the second one, because in my overconfidence I didn’t follow the pattern as closely.
These tea towels were a great project. They are made from 2/8 cotton (or 8/2, depending on where you live) and are very soft. I had a bit of a learning curve as I had never worked with anything this fine before.
This week I finally got to the November block of the month for the mystery quilt being run by my quilt guild. This month the 6″ block is the School Girl’s Puzzle block.