Years ago, I bought a kit for embroidered towels. I loved the embroidery, but I didn’t get around to doing it. Finally this summer, I got it out to work on. What a disappointment! The fabric for the towels looked nice, but it was polyester. It wouldn’t have any kind of absorbency as a towel, and it didn’t feel nice. I debated with myself for a while about what to do. I still liked the embroidery, but I knew it would be useless as a towel.
This bag was a quick little project stretched out to take years. The embroidery and quilting were done years ago, and it sat in the UFO (unfinished object) pile, waiting to be turned into a little bag. This year I have been working hard on my UFOs, and my goal is to get all of them off my list by the end of next year. That will clear up space for new projects, both physically and mentally.
Anybody who’s been quilting more than a day probably has some scraps. What to do with them is sometimes a mystery. If they are just thrown into a bin, it is hard to use them, since they are a big jumble. If you use a scrap sorting system, it will be easier to use them because they are all ready to go. This is my system.
This small flower is a common decorative element in pojagi. It is not difficult, but takes a bit of planning ahead, since you need to allow drying time. It is best done with a fine fabric like silk. This sample is done with handkerchief linen. I just use regular polyester sewing thread.